WIRE HARNESS

1981 Dodge Colt • 4 cylinder FWD • 100,000 miles

Some one hooked up my battery wrong. I have no power. No nothing. The manuel says it could sbe the fuseable link. We cant locate the link. Without haveing to unwrap the whole harness. Could you give us the location of the link asap I need this car to get to work.
Missyjan

They normally aren't wrapped up where they're hard to get to. Often they are very near the battery positive cable. Look for a wire that's spliced in the middle a different color wire. If you pull on them, a good one will feel like a wire; a burned open one will feel like a rubber band. You can cut them open and solder the ends together as long as part of the wire hasn't had its diameter changed. The wire is nothing special except it's a smaller gauge than the rest of the circuit so it's the weak link in the chain. The insulation is what's special. It will not burn or melt.