GMC TRUCK SPARK PROBLEM

1980 GMC Truck • 50,000 miles

I just did a tune up on my truck and now theres no spark going to my plugs or wires, what could I have done wrong?
Jessesandberg

Check the cap and rotor. Make sure the 3 wire connector is on. Make sure the power wire is in the right spot and not the tach spot in the cap

What was replaced?

Docfixit
Spark ugs, spark plug wires, cap and rotor, oil change, battery

Jessesandberg
When I took the old one apart the red wire was on the right and the yellow wire was on the left, so I put them in that same placement on the new one. If thats what your trying to tell me, would I be looking at points-type ignition or HEI ignition?

Jessesandberg
80 should be HEI

look on top of the cap. They will be marked. Red is power wire

I think I may have found my problem, I was going by points-type ignition because when I took it off wire #1 was on the left side of the tach cap I was sure, if the plug wires were in the wrong order could that be the problem? I know the firing order around the distributor is right, it could just be in the wrong spots?

Jessesandberg
Yep, easy fix, no damage

Awesome, I kind of feel like an idiot now but il go give that a try and let you know

Jessesandberg
Would that be why there no spark going to the spark plugs tho?

Jessesandberg
No power to power up coil

roy