THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS ONCE I START MY IT DOES NOT WANT TO REV UP, IT JUST WANTS TO DIE WHEN I TRY TO REV THE ENGINE.

1980 Dodge Truck • 80,000 miles

I have a 1980 dodge w150. I am having trouble identifying two modules on the driver side fender wall next to the hood hinge. Each module has a 3 wire electrical plug and one has a ground strap coming from the wiring harness to the mounting screw. Not one parts store can identify these parts and I can not find any info in my repair manuals, they are not even shown in the wiring diagrams that I have. I can send a pic if you email me at aztrckr@gmail. Com

one of the modules has melted the protective plastic on the back side of the module.

Thanks for any help. Jay
Jb85128

The module for a electronic igintion wl have 5 wires going to it. The three wire one should be the voltage regulator. If memory servesme correct the one closest to the fender is the voltage regulator.

Chekc resistance of pickup coil it should be 150-900 ohms. Air gap shold be.008" check with a non magnetic feeler gauge and with vacuum applied to advance mechanism. What engine is this?

I forgot to mention that these are neither the voltage regulator or the ignition control module, those are both located on the firewall behind the engine. These are located on the driver side fender by the hood hinge if I forgot to mention it.

The engine size is a 318 with a 2-bbl carb.

Jb85128
Cardiodoc says they are emission timers and to check your gas tank screen as it plugs up and wil give you a problem similar to yours. Check yoru vacuum advance to see if it works and no hose leaks. As well as fuel

Okay, so how do they work for emissions? Can I just eliminate them?

Jb85128
It h as no bearing on how your truck is running. You don't need to disconect them becaue they don't do that much. The truck is 32 yrs old no need to worry about it now.

Okay, thanks for the help.

Jb85128