HONDA PRELUDE THERMOSTAT PROBLEM

1979 Honda Prelude • 108,000 miles

I need the name of a part or a part number or a place to look it up!
There's a hose leaking coolant, can't tell why because it's pretty much hidden. It is, however, the hose that comes off the thermostat.

I can't see it because it goes under the carburetor heat shield and I'm kinda scared to remove the carburetor --at least until I have the part.

There are pictures in my Service manual that show the hose leaving the thermostat but I can't tell what it hooks into under that heat shield--maybe a heater inlet or outlet hose? And yes, I can take a picture but you can't see anything beyond a hose leaving the thermostat housing.

One off-the-street adviser told me where it went but with a flashlight, he was wrong; the other thing he said was that it had a metal or hard plastic connector on the unseen end but you know about his credibility.

Oh, and any wisdom on places that might carry a part that will work since I've no real hope the part itself is around anymore.

Thanks much, Saralou
Saralou

Hah! The local expensive Honda dealer Parts Dept guy (Paul) not only told me what it is but gave me the Napa part number because he doesn't have it. Hallelujah!

It is the Bypass Inlet Hose and it's attached to the intake manifold.

Saralou