ENGINE NOT CRANKING OVER

1979 Dodge Truck • 94,000 miles

1979 dodge pick up, battery good, but turn ignition, and nothing, no head lights, no blower fan, no dash lights, no anything, but the brake lights work? Visual inspection of fuses in fuse box is good. Battery has good volt and amps. Won't start, or turn over, good battery, but no head lights, no dash lights, no electrical at all except brake lights. Fuses all look good in fuse box. Any ideas?
Mark ashworth

Go over your wiring from battery to engine/body and any fusable links.

Fixitmr
Use a multimeter to check your voltages. Make sure your cables are good at the battery and clean.

Cadieman
My truck is doing the same thing. Replaced cables, cleaned all the grounds and replaced the positive battery fusable link with a 30 amp link ( as the one that should have been there was duct tapped together ) it has worked well for two weeks and just quit today, the fuses are all fine including the new link. Whe the truck cooled down the power came back, and quit again after I turned the truck off, now im lost. Thanks for any help

Kevin todd taylor
Pull on the replaced fuselink and see if it burnt again

Cadieman