I HAVE A 1969 PICKUP WITH 318 ENGINE. WHEN I CRANKED IT UP TODAY IT SHUT BACK DOWN

1979 Dodge Truck • 200,000 miles

IT SHUT OFF AND NOW IT WONT CRANK. THE LIGHTS DONT WORK, THE STARTER DOSNT TURN, NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I TURN THE KEY. THE EMERGENCY FLASHERS ARE ALL THAT WORK. I REPLACED THE STARTER RELAY, THE NEUTRAL SWITCH, THE ELECTRONIC EGNITION MODULE AND THE IGNITION SWITCH. STILL NOTHING. I LOCATED TWO FUSEABLE LINKS, BOTH CHECKED GOOD. I CAN GET THE STARTER TO TURN BY JUMPING ACCROSS THE SYLINOIDE AND BATTERY POST ON THE STARTER RELAY. BUT CANT GET IT TO CRANK.
Jhww54

Inspect and test the ignition switch

You have a power source failure. You need to check for power to the coil, starter motor tickle wire and fuel pump. Stop throwing parts that do nothing and try diaging it correctly. I would look at the bulkhead connector under the hood at the firewall first.

On bulhead find small square ceramic resistor make sure both resistors are good not burnt

Docfixit