WHAT CAN BE A PROBLEM WITH FAILING CAR HORNS?

1976 Chevrolet Nova • 62,145 miles

I went to the auto part and bought a horn relay and that did not work. The circuit between the colome and one of the harnasis work but I do not know were to go next I try to find wiring guide but I can't find one and the car does have a horn. If yall can tell me were I can find a good wiring guide
Frankmurguia

Do you hear the horn relay click when you press the button? If you do, suspect bad horn(s). Check for 12 volts at the horn connector while a helper presses the button. If you don't hear the relay click, you could have one shorted horn that blew the fuse. If the fuse is blown, unplug both horns, then replace the fuse and see if the relay clicks. If it does, plug one horn in and try it again. If the fuse blows, that horn is shorted.

If the fuse is not blown and you don't hear the relay click, you'll need to measure the voltages on the relay terminals. One will have 12 volts all the time. A second one will have 12 volts only when the relay is plugged in. That one should drop to 0 volts when you press the button. If it doesn't, the switch or wiring to it is bad. If that is the case, you can remove the cover of the relay and press it by hand to activate it. The horn should blow.

Here is the diagram. Hope it is helpful.

Thanks guys and the horn works and I only have one horn that does not make a deference does it?

Frankmurguia
I have seen this diagram before but I need to know the fuses because they are there I just don't see any of them popped I have the chilton's manual but it does not help that much hopefully I can figure it out better with yalls help. If you can can you send a digram where the fuses are located in the car I know one is under the driver side idk where else

Frankmurguia