WHEN CHANGING A TIMING CHAIN WHAT OTHER COMPONENTS SHOULD BE CHANGED?

1975 Jeep DJ5 • 70,000 miles

I took it to get gas and after the fill up it wouldnt start again. Towed it to my house and changed, plugs, wires, distributor, D. Cap, coil, cylinder, and starter, then when trying to start there was a loud pop and then still no spark, last option is the timing chain right?
Bliss4111@hotmail.com

Actually it could be anything from a muffler that has blown form a backfire to a timing chain or rocker arm coming off due to a bent pushrod. Normally on a timing chain you replace the gears as well as chain and gaskets, new antifreeze etc. If there are plastic pieces in pan form chain/gear breakage then they have to be cleaned out.

258 OR 232?

POINTS OR IGNITION MODULE?

IS IT ATTEMPTING TO START?...OR IS IT JUST "DRY OVER AND OVERS"?

WHAT DOES A 2 SECOND SQUIRT OF STARTER FLUID OR 20 DROPS OF GAS DOWN HE CARB MAKE IT DO OR NOT DO?

IS THIS YOUR BABY?

NOW AND THEN TOY?

DO YOU REALLY LOVE IT?

WANNA DO SOME MORE TESTING BEFORE YOU START SURGERY?

GOT A DIGITAL VOLTMETER?

CAN YOU SEND ME SOME PICS (AS I REQUESTED IN THIS OTHER ON GOING POST WITH ANOTHER FELLER)

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1987-jeep-wrangler-dead-miss-1500-rpm-while-driving-down-road-rebuilt-carb-chan