JEEP CJ5 EXHAUST PROBLEM

1973 Jeep CJ5 • 2,000 miles

Howdy!
i have approx 2000 mi on a stock rebuild. I have resto modded my old jeep. So far I have replaced the original intake/exhaust manifolds with aluminum intake and matching exhaust from an '81 so I can go with a rebuilt MC2100 carb. I also got rid of the points and went HEI. Great so far! I would like to go with a header for a little more performance, the problem is I have an old Ramsey PTO set up with the shaft running from the transfer case to the winch. It runs along the frame rail. When I modded the exhaust manifold, I had a local shop hang larger pipe and muffler so she could breathe. Do you think I could fit an inside the frame rail type header in there? Would an offroad shop "test fit" one to see if it is possible before buying?
Sheddiggs

WHAT ENGINE YOU GOT?

CAN YOU SEND SOME PICS OF THE "TIGHT SPACE" YOU HAVE? (GOOD LIGHT--HOOD AGAINST THE WINDSHIELD FRAME--IN FOCUS?

PICS OF YOUR MODS WOULD BE NICE TOO!

I'M NOT MUCH ON "SPECIAL MODS"----DRAGSTRIP/ "CRAWLING"/ HACKING OFF THOSE BEAUTIFUL FENDERS!

I AM INTO IMPROVEMENTS AND UPGRADING---I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO WHEN I GET A BETTER PROSPECTIVE ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING

YOUR TURN