BMW 2002 DIESEL PROBLEM

1973 BMW 2002 • 100 miles

Without any sign my BMW ceased to idle. It sstarts ok and drives under power smoothly, however when I come to a stop sign it will not idle and dies. Any thoughts and comments on where to look before I start a painful and expensive trial and error process.
Michael Feldman

Is there a Weber carb in there? Check the anti dieseling solenoid, the long skinny thing with a wire going to it, see if there is power with the key on.

Dr. Hagerty
I am not sure where this component would be. How do I check to see if power is getting to it?

Owabim2012
Yes it does have a weber. One individual said that it should be replaced as they have a very short lifetime.

Owabim2012
Weber carbs have an online site, go there and see where the valve I speak of is. And the chap that said something about a short life span might have meant the original Solex carb, the Weber is quite durable.

Dr. Hagerty