HI I HAVE A CADDY DEVILLE SEDAN WITH A 472 7.7, A COUPLE DAYS AGO MY CAR WOULDNT START SO I REPLACED THE STARTER, BUT STILL DIDNT START COME TO FIND OUT THERE A CONNECTOR PART AT THE BOTTOM OF THE STEERING COLUMN BY THE BREAK PEDAL, WHICH BROKE OFF,

1972 Cadillac Allante • 80,000 miles

Hi I have a 1972 caddy deville sedan with a 472 7.7, a couple days ago my car wouldnt start so I replaced the starter, but still didnt start come to find out there a connector part at the bottom of the steering column by the break pedal, which broke off, it has a ring around the steering shaft to hold ot in place, but noone seems to know the name of the piece, can someone help or direct me to a diagram that would allow me to locate the part nd name cause I cant find one?
Chevy26s

Is there a rod going to it that moves when you turn the key?

No sir im beginnig to believe its a neutral safety switch

Chevy26s
So the rod from your gear shift on the column goes to it?

Its wrapped around it

Chevy26s
If it was the neutral safety the shift linkage would have to move it some how so it could work properly.

Ok do you kno the round about cost for that repair

Chevy26s
I really dont have that kind of info for a car that old sorry about that.