I NEED TO FIND AN V8 ENGINE FOR A JAVLIN THAT ORIGINALLY HAD A INLINE SIX. I ALS WAS WONDERING IF IT WOULD LINE UP WITH MY 3SPEED MANUAL TRANNY.

1968 AMC Javelin • 72,000 miles

I need to find an amc v8 engine for a 1968 amc javelin that originally had a inline six. I also was wondering if it would line up with my 3speed manual tranny.
Sparky1234

As long as the bell housing bolts line up to the engine then the tranny mount bolts should be ok. Good luck on finding an AMC V-8 from even around that year.

I found one that was the same car and year. Do you think $500 is a rip off for a running one.

Sparky1234
No because these motors are becoming very very rare. You might want to kiss the guy if it's in good shape. You can certainly get your money back if you decide to sell it once more. Might even make some money on it. Make sure the bellhousing will mate to your trnas an dengine though as it's been a very long itme for me to even see an AMC product let alone work on one.

It says that it is in great shape has great oil pressure and no noises.

Sparky1234
IF THIS ENGINE IS STILL INSTALLED AND RUNNING IN THE OTHER FELLERS VEHICLE. THIS MAY HELP (ALSO WILL HELP YOU WITH YOUR VEHICLE LATER)

IF YOU CAN GET THIS PUPPY TO OPERATING TEMP, THIS INEXPENSIVE GAUGE WILL TELL YOU A LOT ABOUT THE INTERNALS OF AN ENGINE, WITH OUT EXPLORATORY SURGERY.

I HAVE ONE MOUNTED IN THE DASH OF EACH OF MY JEEPS, AND TWO OTHER "SHOP MODELS"

IF YOU ARE "TIGHT" YOU CAN USE A "DASH MODEL" AS A "SHOP MODEL"---THEN DASH OR UNDER DASH MOUNT IT LATER.

THEY ARE ALSO USEFUL IN "THEM" TEACHING "YOU" BETTER ACCELERATOR PEDAL PRACTICES. THE HIGHER YOU CAN KEEP THE NEEDLE WHILE DRIVING. THE BETTER YOUR MPGs

YOU CAN GET A DECENT GAUGE FOR UNDER $30

Would a v8 fit under the hood sience it was originaly an inline six

Sparky1234
Yes you'l probably have to change the mounts in teh car for it though