SOME ALARMING AND UNEXPLAINED NOISES MY IS MAKING

1966 Cadillac Hearse • 11,500 miles

I have a 66 Cadillac hearse that is making a couple alarming noises. The first is a chattering noise that used to be prevalent when I let up on the gas. Now it happens all the time. Someone mentioned I needed a valve job but I don't know if that's it or how much it would cost. Another is a knocking noise coming from under the engine. The 3rd noise is a winding up and down noise that corresponds to how fast I am going and is easiest heard when I am going very slow. Lastly, my brakes make a high pitched screeching noise, but more alarmingly if I stop too fast or am on a hill they make a deep grinding noise. These brakes were just redone less than a year ago. Anyway those are the most pressing things I can think of for now. Thanks!
Xavialune

Sorry that's 115,000 miles not 11500!

Xavialune
1. Have the brakes checked as it sounds like you pads and rotors.

2. Humming noise could be wheel bearings failing, have them checked.

3. Engine noise can only be identified by a shop as we cannot hear a thing. With the age, it may need a replacement motor at this point.