FORD FAIRLANE ENGINE PROBLEM

1964 Ford Fairlane

Was driving and suddenly oil "dummy" light comes on so I stop and turn car off its full of oil and when I started it oil light is off engine runs tip top so what does this mean?
Megajonboy27

Most commonly the sending unit is defective. Some potential clues include the light flickers rapidly, and the sending unit is leaking oil. They don't always leak when they fail but if it is it will have to be replaced anyway and that will likely solve both problems.

Are there any leaf springs that can be retro-fitted for my 64 fairlane ive got one thats broken and all the ones ive found online are pretty expensive

Megajonboy27
I would look for a suspension and alignment specialty shop. We have one in town that re-arcs springs, and they can build them with as many leaves as desired for any application. They go by length, width, and spring rate. Other than that, they don't care what car it's going on; cost is the same regardless.