STEPS TO RESTART ENGINE AFTER 12 YEARS

1961 International Truck • 8,000 miles

Rebuilt engine replaced the original. Hoses & plugs were also replaced in Dec '95. Radiator recorred. Truck last driven in 2000, due to various electrical problems. I know I need to replace various oils, but what else should I do? Also, as I recall, I use transmission oil in the slave cyclinder resevor. Is that correct?
Frank310

Does truck have dual brake and clutch master? Use brake fluid in all hydraulics. Change oil coolant and remove plugs put 10cc oil in each cylinder crank over

Docfixit
The truck has a 'combination clutch and brake master cylinder'.

Frank310
Then brake fluid

Docfixit
The truck's in my garage attached to the house. I bought a fire extinguisher, but is there any fire hazard in attempting to start up the engine?

Frank310
Be mindful of fuel leaks especialy at carb
. Float maybe stuck and could bleed over

Docfixit
So is it up and running?

Docfixit
I'm still trying to get the old oil filter off. I don't want to strip the threading for the oil filter. Thanks for asking.

Frank310
Is filter a canister type if not and is despoable then try a strap wrench

Docfixit
I got it off with a liquid wrench & the help of a strap wrench. Great advice, thanks. Now I'm in the process of getting all necessary parts: New spark plugs, oil filters (not in stock), battery, fuel and air filters. I think these are the basics and don't need to be specifically for my engine, except for the oil filter. I hate to imagine not being able to run the engine because of the lack of a two dollar part.

Frank310
Try JC Whitney

Docfixit