MORRIS MINOR 1000

1961 All Other Makes All Other Models

Dear Sir - Distributor of the morris minor 1000 have an adjustment circle(Vernier) under the vacuum advance unit, What is this, for what?

Sandun

This is for minor timing adjustments which may be required for poor fuel or high altitude, normally you keep the adjustment in the central position and leave it.

Mhpautos
Pleas explain me "normally you keep the adjustment in the central position and leave it." I have Put it (Platinum point nipple that touch with router )central of the router, is it ok?

Sandun
The points are set with the rubbing block on the high side of the 4 sided rotor, this is the maximum opening of the points, the vernier adjustment is set in the middle of the adjustment, for practical purposes this in not normally adjusted, adjusting will advance or retard the timing, so set vernier in the middle and do a conventional timing adjustment.

Mhpautos
JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY

WHAT ARE THE DIMENSIONS OF THE "SQUARE" PART OF THE DISTRIBUTOR SHAFT. THE PART THAT THE POINTS RUB AGAINST.

PLEASE BE REAL ACCURATE.A MICROMETER OR DIAL CALIPER MEASUREMENT IS HOW CLOSE YOU NEED TO BE

SEEMS YOU REALLY ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THAT CAR.I MAY HAVE SOME IDEAS THAT MIGHT HELP.I HAVE BEEN DOING A LITTLE RESEARCH. BUT I NEED THE DIMENSIONS

Pleas tell me, what is the MIDDLE of the Vernier that you say

Sandun
I think that is the case, to heating my ignition Coil, be kind and give me a Best Answer, REALLY I HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THAT case - Pleas help me

Sandun
I'M WORKING ON A POSSIBLE SOLUTION, TO ELIMINATE THE POINT SYSTEM. GO TO INEXPENSIVE ELECTRONIC IGNITION!

YOUR CAR IS NOT ON THE LIST

I JUST BOUGHT ONE FOR MY JEEP.(1946 WILLYS)

SIMPLE TO INSTALL ON MY JEEP. NO BOXES. DISTRIBUTOR INSERT AND COIL ONLY. MAY MODIFY TO FIT YOUR CAR!

I WANT TO COMPARE DISTRIBUTOR SHAFT SIZES. JEEP VS: MORRIS MINOR 1000

BE ACCURATE WITH "MM"!

Dear sir - mhpautos (expert) - oH I See, I think that you Say ''set in the middle of the adjustment" meaning of that to give Space for auto Adjust from the Vacuum Advance Unit, So you Saying me to Adjust vernier to middle, that is normal adjustment - Am I ok, -on the situation ignition coil heating? After adjustment to middle- Am I have to Readjust the Platinum Point Gap?

Sandun
Set vernier, then points then timing, replace condenser and coil if not new already.

Mhpautos
Mr Mhpautos - I set vernier, set point and timing, not replace condenser ( I think it is good)- then I went test run about 4 km after that the morris minor 1000 car was not Stop, But the ignition coil ( Bosch coil - new one, 12 v- Unresistant coil ) Heat, the heat not petty, can touch but warm - I think, if I go long Trip on my car, the coil is over heat then Stop- So I afraid to go far ? - How test the Distributer condenser Bad or Good?

Sandun
Page 1 of 2