BATTERY INDICATOR LIGHT KEEPS APPEARING ON DASH

Ford Escort

I have a 1999 ford escort 4 door sedan with @75000 miles the battery was giving me trouble and then died I replaced the battery but the indicator light on the dash keeps lightin up and the car is running a bit sluggish someone told me its most likley the altinator but I dont want to replace it for nothing if someone could give me some advice I would be greatful !
RGAISOR23

The dash light will indicate when the alternator is charging less than 12.5 volts. It is a simple test. Buy a $5.00 digital volt meter. Open the hood with the car running. Put the voltmeter on the DC scale and place the leads on the battery terminals. The meter should read at least 13.5 volts. If not replac the alternator be done with the problem. If you don't want to spend the 5 bucks go to the zone and have them do the same thing free. Good luck

Losone
I just went through this with my taurus SHO. I was told it was the alternator going out. You can't do a test at the battery if the light isn't always on. Autozone will test the aternator, but I suggest you go to the ford dealer. Mine almost cost me $500 in parts and labor, but it turned out it was just a loose wire that costed me $35 for a diagnostic check.
Good luck !

Beedubb3311
Hi pal if the cable s not connected properly means it shows like that only check the cable

Balaa
Remove the alt and have it bench tested at a parts store. Most will do it for free.