Wont turn over

AROWE
  • 1994 HONDA ACCORD
Wife was shopping. Came out of store and starter just clicked continuously. After few tries, it doesnt even click. Battery is charged but nothing. I replaced starter and still wont even click. Its like there is no coneection between battery and starter. What should I do? Also, is there a plug to plug a computer into on this car? I cant find one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thursday, May 9th, 2013 AT 9:04 AM

Is this an automatic w/o antitheft?

Did you check for voltage at the starter? That clicking can be a symptom of low battery charge.

At the starter, black wire with white tracer, goes hot with the key in the crank position. Black wire with yellow tracer comes from battery, hot all the time. Any testing at the starter, make sure tranny is in park or neutral and parking brake is set.
Thursday, May 9th, 2013 AT 10:09 AM
AROWE
It is an automatic. I dont know if it has anti theft or not. I just got the car.

I checked for voltage at the starter on one of the big posts and it lit up, with key off and on. I cant pull the boot back enough to see the color of the wires.
I tested the clip wire on starter and it also lit up with key off and on. The other larger wire did not come on until key was on.

Battery is good. Could it be the distributor? Or coil?
Thursday, May 9th, 2013 AT 12:03 PM
If voltages and ground for the starter are good, when they should be, Have the starter tested. Some of the national brand autostore will test the starter for you, if you take it off and take it to them.

You might be able to use a remote start button, hooks up on the starter circuits at starter. Maybe the leads are long enough to get you out from under the vehicle. The leads on mine aren't long enough, depending on the vehicle. Just be sure the tranny is in park or neutral and a functional
parking brake is set. There are other ways to jump the starter, just to see if it will crank. I'm just trying to be safe.
Thursday, May 9th, 2013 AT 1:30 PM
AROWE
The crank does turn and the starter is good. The battery is fully charged but it will still not turn over. The only sound is the fuel pump. Any ideas what to try next. How do I jump the starter so I can start it and get it to a garage?
Tuesday, May 14th, 2013 AT 6:00 AM
Maybe I misunderstood? If voltage and ground at the starter are good and the starter is good, you don't need to jump anything. Although I already told you how to jump the starter. If it cranks good but won't start, have a helper crank it while you visually check for spark at the plugs. If you have spark everywhere, check for fuel injector pulse, engine cranking.

It sounds like we have a failure to communicate? My fault.
Tuesday, May 14th, 2013 AT 7:31 AM
AROWE
Problem found. It was the ground wire from battery to starter. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
Wednesday, May 15th, 2013 AT 5:22 AM
Glad you got it going your way.
Wednesday, May 15th, 2013 AT 7:16 AM