Intermittent not starting

JEBISSH
  • 2003 HOLDEN BARINA
  • 45 MILES
The car suffers from an intermittent starting issue.
The symptoms are, you can start the car most times and drive to where you need to go then when you come back to it, it will not start.
When it does not start we have all the ignition and warning lights showing as per a normal start up but when you move beyond that point, nothing. It will not even turn over and it will not start in Neutral and or the Park positions on the auto shift level.
If I wait say fifteen minutes or so then try again it will start and start repeatedly.
I have checked the battery status indicator and that is green. I have changed the spark plugs, but no good.
I have taken it to a Holden dealer and they could not find any faults showing. What can be the problem with it? Any advice will be appreciated.
Sunday, December 18th, 2016 AT 10:32 PM

KEN
Hey JEBISSH,

This sounds like a classic fuel pump problem, when the engine doesn't start can you check the fuel pressure please or listen for the fuel pump in the tank to see if it is running with the key in the on position?

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator

Please let us know what you find so it will help others.

Best, Ken
Thursday, December 22nd, 2016 AT 12:31 PM