Won't start

CHAZ SOMERS
  • 2002 SATURN L200
This is my daughters car. When trying to start car it cranks but doesn't fire. It did fire a couple of times but wouldn't fire up completely. Checked fuel pressure and that's good. Checked spark and had that. Changed out cam sensor no change. Changed spark plugs. Thinking ignition coil pack?
Wednesday, December 30th, 2015 AT 3:04 PM

CHAZ SOMERS
Swapped ignition/coil pack with another car, still no good. Also tried unplugging mass air flow sensor
Wednesday, December 30th, 2015 AT 3:33 PM
CHAZ SOMERS
Also checked injectors and they are ticking like they are firing.
Wednesday, December 30th, 2015 AT 4:06 PM
SATURNTECH9
Have you checked the compression yet?Also will it start if you prime it with some carb spray?Is the security light on solid or flashing with the key in the run position?Also is anything not working like gas gas gauge door locks keyless entry etc?Can you take it out of park?
Wednesday, December 30th, 2015 AT 9:57 PM
CHAZ SOMERS
I have tried putting car in neutral and starting, no change, we've also sprayed carb spray. Service light has been on for a while but has been on since she ran over something and damaged the resonator, which then destroyed the o2 sensor( which I disconnected). All electronics in the car appear to be working just fine? I don't have anything to check compression.
Thursday, December 31st, 2015 AT 6:56 AM
SATURNTECH9
If you have spark and fuel then next you need to look at compression and engine timing. You can rent a compression tester from auto zone.
Thursday, December 31st, 2015 AT 12:37 PM
CHAZ SOMERS
Thank you for all your help. I sent the car to my mechanic and he said that it jumped time. He's going to replace the chain and then do a compression check. I just don't have enough time to dedicate to it, and little past my ability. Once again thank you.
Thursday, December 31st, 2015 AT 3:45 PM
SATURNTECH9
He doesn't have a camera to put down the spark plug holes to see if you have bent valves?Those engines are valve benders. If it jumped far enough to not start chances are there are bent valves.
Thursday, December 31st, 2015 AT 5:53 PM
CHAZ SOMERS
Hopefully it will favor us! Can't afford a new motor or car!
Thursday, December 31st, 2015 AT 9:41 PM
SATURNTECH9
You would have to get some valves replaced in the head. But I have seen the valve guides in the head get split also. Let me know how it comes out.
Friday, January 1st, 2016 AT 12:44 AM