Windshield wipers do not work I replaced the motor did not help

KENNETH MAURER
  • 1992 FORD F-150
  • RWD

I bought a new relay for the motor hoping to fix the problem, but I have no clue as to its location, and I have no schematics with any references to troubleshoot this antique. Where as my girlfriend purchased it when we had broken up, LOL, again! She spent every penny she had to buy this truck and all of its problems. I am not new to mechanics I worked as a top rated mechanic at S.A.R.T.A In Canton, Ohio, for twenty years, until 1998, when I was under a forty ton Gillig bus that lost enough air pressure to allow the leveling valves to release the air pressure to release their air crushing me under it. Lost a kneecap, but I lived by thanks to the Lord, and retired at age forty. Now at my lonely old age of fifty seven I do need your assistance to help me fix my girls truck. Thank you in advance. Ken Maurer

Tuesday, December 15th, 2015 AT 10:51 PM

WRENCHTECH

Which relay are you looking for?

Wednesday, December 16th, 2015 AT 2:07 AM
KENNETH MAURER
  • 1992 FORD F-150
  • RWD

It is my girl friend's truck, but she expects me to diagnose the problem and then fix it? We replaced the wiper motor, did not help. I bought a new relay, have no clue as to where the relay is located? Yes I own a test light, and yes I should buy a newer digital volt/ohm meter. I was an "A" mechanic at Stark Area Regional Transit Authority. So, could you guys assist me in some troubleshooting tips? Maybe a wiring diagram for this antiquated, but good looking truck? I look forward to your reply! Also, by the way, the e-mail you sent me, the link did not work. So, send me an e-mail with your response to my questions and a second one with a link whereas, that e-mail contained no information for my questions. And lastly I did already sent a $ 10.00 donation to speed things along. Ken Maurer

-1
Saturday, December 31st, 2016 AT 4:50 PM (Merged)

Circuit breaker two is in fuse panel however there can be a couple of other things wrong with this, the multi function switch on steering column or the wiper control module under dash to right of steering column. You have to have this scanned with a scanner to see if that is the problem however see if the dark/green wire has power as that should with key on always. The switch grounds out the motor to complete the circuit but goes through module.

-1
MRMIKE7
  • 1992 FORD F-150FORD F-150

The wipers will not work all the sudden. When I turn on the switch, I just hear a clicking sound coming from inside the dash/glove box area.

Fuse?
Relay?
Motor?

Saturday, December 31st, 2016 AT 4:51 PM (Merged)
CATCH_15

Try to use the wipers by the windsheild cleaning function. If that works then, the motor is still good. If not, the motor could be bad, but I would check all fuses first.

BRUCE HUNT

I would strongly suggest that the wiper switch is bad. I have one and the switch has failed like that.

MRMIKE7

My friend said the direct wire the wiper motor to the battery to see if the motor works. If that works, then either the relay-box, or the switch. I already replaced the fuse that did not solve anything.

MRMIKE7

We direct wired the motor to the battery, and nothing happened no juice. So the motor is bad.

WUTAGOALIE
  • 1992 FORD F-150FORD F-150FORD F-150

V8 4.6 288,000 km.

My wipers stopped working, but I noticed I could hear the wiper motor running. So I manually moved my wipers back and forth, and with the motor still running I could feel something clicking against the wiper arms. Is it possible that the wiper arms became dislodged from the motor? If so, how do I access the wiper motor, and what do I need to do to re-attach?
Thank you

BMRFIXIT

Check the nut at the bottom of the wiper arm, if loose or you may have to check the wiper transmission.

JALEXANDER14
  • 1994 FORD F-150

The wipers stopped working recently, I have checked and cleaned the connections going to the motor, and the 8.25 breaker fuse as been reset. I am assuming it is not the motor because when the breaker fuse went I was able to bypass it with a regular twenty amp fuse and they worked fine for a while (until I put the correct fuse back in) and also not the relay due to the fact that everything else that comes off the fuse works. Is it possible that there is a short in the line (if so what now) or that I blew something whilst messing with the fuses? Those are the only two things I can think of at this current time and would be way in over my head attempting to fix them but I am really left with no choice.

Thanks for any help you are able to give.

TY ANDERSON
  • 705 POSTS

Do you have experience with a multimeter and/or test light?

PHILLANGLEY
  • 2001 FORD F-150

I drove to work that evening my truck would not crank I put a fuel pressure test on it thinking it was the pump. At first there was no pressure then I jiggled the key the truck fired up but the dome light and the light on the driver door will not go off when I shut the door and there is a buzzing in the dash only when the driver door is closed the windshield wipers do not work and the blower wont quit blowing when I turn off the truck until I turn off the headlights I put a new ignition switch in, but that did not help.

Have it scanned by a professional first, it may be a GEM module. Auto parts cannot scan for this.

• 1997 FORD F-150

Windshield wipers inoperable. Fuse not blown, motor not locked up. What could be problem?

Got all kinds of goodies along the way.

So I went and got you a diagram.

Let me know if you cannot see it well enough to read it.

I will then initiate a way for you to get it without advertising your personal info in open forum.

You should be able to see relays and such swapping them one at a time for their twin (same part numbers) might help you figure out if you have a bad one.

Then again, maybe it is something else and this diagram will help you locate it.

The medic

DJSKAW
  • 2002 FORD F-150

V8 four wheel drive automatic 230,000 miles

Okay, recent problem. Will not shift out of park. Put it in neutral then I can shift.
If I am able to shift normal, all accessories work, but if I have to shift in neutral, windows, wipers do not work. If I hit steering wheel or column hard enough while trying to shift, all works.

MERLIN2021

Shift Interlock System. The shift interlock system prevents the shifting from "park"unless the brake pedal is depressed. The shift interlock system consists of a shift lock actuator mounted at the base of the steering column tube. If the ignition switch is in the "run" position, the shift lock actuator is continually on unless the brake pedal is depressed.
This solenoid is released by a switch on the brake pedal arm, check the wires and switch at this point.

NKOPROWSKI
  • 1993 FORD F-150

Wipers. Can hear a click for them to work, but they do not move. It was every now and then they would stop, but now they do not work at all.

Saturday, December 31st, 2016 AT 5:08 PM (Merged)

Check to see if there is at least twelve volts at the wiper motor. If there is, check the motor itself.