Windshield wipers do not work I replaced the motor did not help

KENNETH MAURER
  • 1992 FORD F-150
  • RWD

I bought a new relay for the motor hoping to fix the problem, but I have no clue as to its location, and I have no schematics with any references to troubleshoot this antique. Where as my girlfriend purchased it when we had broken up, LOL, again! She spent every penny she had to buy this truck and all of its problems. I am not new to mechanics I worked as a top rated mechanic at S.A.R.T.A In Canton, Ohio, for twenty years, until 1998, when I was under a forty ton Gillig bus that lost enough air pressure to allow the leveling valves to release the air pressure to release their air crushing me under it. Lost a kneecap, but I lived by thanks to the Lord, and retired at age forty. Now at my lonely old age of fifty seven I do need your assistance to help me fix my girls truck. Thank you in advance. Ken Maurer

Tuesday, December 15th, 2015 AT 10:51 PM

WRENCHTECH

Which relay are you looking for?

Wednesday, December 16th, 2015 AT 2:07 AM
KENNETH MAURER
  • 1992 FORD F-150
  • RWD
  • MERGED

It is my girl friend's truck, but she expects me to diagnose the problem and then fix it? We replaced the wiper motor, did not help. I bought a new relay, have no clue as to where the relay is located? Yes I own a test light, and yes I should buy a newer digital volt/ohm meter. I was an "A" mechanic at Stark Area Regional Transit Authority. So, could you guys assist me in some troubleshooting tips? Maybe a wiring diagram for this antiquated, but good looking truck? I look forward to your reply! Also, by the way, the e-mail you sent me, the link did not work. So, send me an e-mail with your response to my questions and a second one with a link whereas, that e-mail contained no information for my questions. And lastly I did already sent a $ 10.00 donation to speed things along. Ken Maurer

Saturday, December 31st, 2016 AT 4:50 PM
  • MERGED

Circuit breaker two is in fuse panel however there can be a couple of other things wrong with this, the multi function switch on steering column or the wiper control module under dash to right of steering column. You have to have this scanned with a scanner to see if that is the problem however see if the dark/green wire has power as that should with key on always. The switch grounds out the motor to complete the circuit but goes through module.

MRMIKE7
  • 1992 FORD F-150FORD F-150
  • MERGED

The wipers will not work all the sudden. When I turn on the switch, I just hear a clicking sound coming from inside the dash/glove box area.

Fuse?
Relay?
Motor?

Saturday, December 31st, 2016 AT 4:51 PM
CATCH_15
  • MERGED

Try to use the wipers by the windsheild cleaning function. If that works then, the motor is still good. If not, the motor could be bad, but I would check all fuses first.

BRUCE HUNT
  • MERGED

I would strongly suggest that the wiper switch is bad. I have one and the switch has failed like that.

MRMIKE7
  • MERGED

My friend said the direct wire the wiper motor to the battery to see if the motor works. If that works, then either the relay-box, or the switch. I already replaced the fuse that did not solve anything.

MRMIKE7
  • MERGED

We direct wired the motor to the battery, and nothing happened no juice. So the motor is bad.

WUTAGOALIE
  • 1992 FORD F-150FORD F-150FORD F-150
  • MERGED

V8 4.6 288,000 km.

My wipers stopped working, but I noticed I could hear the wiper motor running. So I manually moved my wipers back and forth, and with the motor still running I could feel something clicking against the wiper arms. Is it possible that the wiper arms became dislodged from the motor? If so, how do I access the wiper motor, and what do I need to do to re-attach?
Thank you

BMRFIXIT
  • MERGED

Check the nut at the bottom of the wiper arm, if loose or you may have to check the wiper transmission.