When starting car, we have to push down on the accelerator to get it to turn over.

COLLEEN WITTLER
  • 2007 HYUNDAI VERACRUZ
Have had car to dealership 2x in past three weeks with this issue. Nothing shows up on the computer. When starting, we need to pump accelerator to get it to turn on. This was intermittent when first noticed a couple weeks ago, but happens almost every time car is started now. The less gas there is in the tank, the longer it seems to take. Two days ago, when we were going to fill up the gas tank, car stalled two times as I was coming to a stop at an intersection. It started up right away again, and the problem went away once the tank was full. It seems like there is some relationship between the problem and the amount of gas in the tank. This is our main vehicle - gets a lot of use. I use dealership for all maintenance and have oil changed about every 4000 miles. Help!
Monday, July 29th, 2013 AT 6:27 AM

Check the fuel pressure first
Monday, July 29th, 2013 AT 7:14 AM