What is the life of V8 engine ( In kilometer running)

YAGNADATT
  • 2009 HONDA CIVIC
What is the life of V8 engine ( In kilometer running) please any one help to give me answer that what is the running life of V8 Engine
Thursday, October 30th, 2014 AT 4:21 AM

That is impossible to answer because there's way too many variables. I had a car a long time ago that needed the engine rebuilt at 40,000 miles, (don't know what that is in kilometers), and it needed to be rebuilt again at 66,000 miles. My daily driver that I'm sitting in right now is a 25-year-old Dodge Grand Caravan. I haven't changed the oil in over 12 years, and it has had no other maintenance or repairs other than a set of spark plugs and wires a couple of years ago. It has over 424,000 miles, runs fine, and I regularly pull a tandem axle enclosed trailer that's bigger than the van.

Those are two extremes. An engine that gets no maintenance at all, (that's abuse, not neglect), runs great, and has real high mileage, and a properly-cared-for engine that didn't reach one fifth of typical life expectancy.

You also have to look at which engine you have and its age. You can keep almost any engine going indefinitely as long as you keep on paying for the repairs and maintenance. Eventually you'll reach the point when you decide the cost of repair is more than the car is worth. Suppose an engine needs a $2000.00 repair. Is that a good value? It depends on whether the car is two years old or 30 years old.

You're the one who has to define when an engine reaches the end of its life based on all those variables and the noises and smoking you're willing to put up with. Some people have little tolerance for anything other than like-new performance. Some people will put up with anything as long as the car gets them somewhere faster than walking!
Thursday, October 30th, 2014 AT 10:41 PM