WHAT CAUSES THE REAR SENSORS TO GO OFF WHEN PUT IN REVERSE AND THE SENSOR DOES NOT GO OFF?

2006 Ford F-150

d1rccbjr

March, 3, 2014 AT 5:11 PM

What causes the rear sensors to go off when put in reverse and the sensor does not go off?

Ty Anderson

March, 3, 2014 AT 9:23 PM

Your talking about the parking assist sensors?
When you shift into reverse the parking assist sensor are activated. These sensors work like sonar emitting waves and receiving the echoing waves returned. So anything blocking these four sensors (like mud, snow, ice) will cause the beeping noise to sound. The beeping will increase in frequency the closer you get to an object.
When the beeping no longer happens it is because the system had detected a failure somewhere in the system. Whether a sensor, speaker or wiring is faulty all will cause the system to stop functioning. A compatible scan tool can communicate with the parking assist computer and receive any diagnostic fault codes the system has detected.
I hope I answered your question

drccbjr

March, 9, 2014 AT 7:56 AM

Thank you.

Ty Anderson

March, 10, 2014 AT 8:58 PM

Your welcome. Thanks for the question

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Speed Sensor Replacement Honda