WINDOW REGULATOR

1999 Volvo S80

john miersch

October, 15, 2009 AT 10:22 AM

Interior problem
1999 Volvo S80 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

When opening the drivers window there was a loud " klunk" and nothing happened. Brought the car home and removed the inside panel. Discovered that the rearward regulator arm had disconnected itself from the track. I reinstalled it and tested the window only to find that the arms seem to be out of alingment. I removed the passanger side panel to see if they matched. They don't. On the passanger side the arms form a straight line when the window is about half way down. That line is at about 180 degrees. On the driver side when the arms form a straight line it angles up to the rear of the door at about a 30 degree angle. As a result if conneted to the window it dose not go straight up and down. All angles are off.
Is there any to adjust the regulator without removing it from the car? Or is this going to end up as a replace only item?

JIS001

October, 15, 2009 AT 11:29 PM

If the arm is bent then you will need to replace the window regulator. Also replace the sliding blocks or you will have the same problem again.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement