Volvo S60 problem with car

PHONG1984
  • 1960 VOLVO S60
Volvo S60 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 91000 miles

what is it mean when it say reduce engine performance on volvo car?
and how can I fix it?
Monday, May 3rd, 2010 AT 9:41 PM

JIS001
It is the same thing as the CHECK ENGINE light being on but the problem will be something that is affecting the electronic throttle control module. Most of the time a generic scanner will not pick up the codes for throttle problems that are intermittant? But like I mentioned earlier, it could be somethng else that it sees could be a potential problem for the throttle like a bad brake pedal position sensor going open circuited or maybe it can be something simple as a software upgrade? Whatever the problem is, you need to take it to a shop that can read out all the control modules and have capabilities of doing a software update if one is available? Usually independent shops that specialize only on a particular brand like Volvo or a shop that specializes only on Swedish cars like Saab and Volvo should be capable of doing this at a more affordable rate then the dealership or if you have no other options then you definatley need to go to the dealership. Also you did not post what year your vehicle is? If the problem were to be a faulty throttle, you could be covered by the 10year/200k mile warranty on the throttle? Also have you had campaign 155 done on your vehicle? You may want to call your local Volvo dealership and ask if that campaign was available and if it was done? Giving them the VIN# they should be able to answer that question for you.
Saturday, May 8th, 2010 AT 2:10 AM