I have a transmission service light on

DANIELMARTIN007
  • 2001 VOLVO S60
2001 Volvo S60 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

My car in the window says transmission service required?
Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 AT 10:46 PM

JIS001
You should see if the Transmision Control Module is available for a software upgrade. You could have other sypmtoms aswell. Posted the following tech net.

A function called "Neutral Control" is present on all 2001 V70 and S60 cars. It is also present on 2002 non-turbo V70 and S60 cars built before January 2002. When the vehicle comes to a stop, the Transmission Control Module (TCM) activates Neutral Control. Even though the gear selector is in the Drive position, a Neutral condition is engaged hydraulically in the transmission. Neutral Control disengages when the brake pedal is released or the throttle is applied.

SYMPTOMS:

When the neutral control function is incorrect, there are three symptoms that can be felt in the car;

1. After coming to a complete stop and keeping the brakes applied, a "thump" can be felt in the car. It is felt about 2 seconds after coming to a stop.

2. When releasing the brake there is a harsh or double re-engagement of drive.

3. When idling in 'D' range with the brake applied, the engine speed oscillates (fluctuates).

In addition to these symptoms, some cars may set a DTC 012A or 012B in the TCM; which should be erased before downloading the software.
Thursday, August 20th, 2009 AT 1:15 AM
DANIELMARTIN007
+1
Friday, August 21st, 2009 AT 6:26 PM