STALLING OUT & DIFFICULT TO START

1991 Volvo 740

eecs

June, 23, 2008 AT 4:52 PM

1991 Volvo 740 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 149 k miles

My Volvo has just all of the sudden stopped on me out of the blue while I am driving, usually while accelerating. It just like instantly loses all power from one second to the next & stops. Thank goodness it restarts but it is starting to do it more frequently.

Also when I get ready to start it it is hesitating to start - the starter appears to be working. Is this a fuel injector or fuel pump issue or a sensor in there? The fuel pump was changed out like 4 yrs ago.

I will have to take it to a Dealer as there are no good foreign repair guys anywhere near me - have tried them.

I thought at first the fuel was bad (Murphy Oil) Wal-Mart so have been putting in the Seafoam canned stuff to use as an additive.

Thanks,
Elaine

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

June, 23, 2008 AT 4:55 PM

Check the fuel pressure and comeback with the readings this is where we start before we head on over to the ignition system