1. Make and Model of your car
1987 Volvo 240 DL wagon
2. Include the mileage
3. Stick shift or automatic transmission
4. 2 or 4 wheel drive
5. Strange sounds
Darned front brakes squeal like crazy- mechanic can't find anything wrong. Ugh.
6. Fluid leaks
7. Past repair history if applicable
Lots. Struts, brakes, front end work, timing belt, exhaust work, etc. Etc. Think of what a 20 year old car needs, and it's basically had it.
Here are my two top questions:
1) the heat stays on all of the time, even with the switches off and fan not blowing. This gets pretty agonizing in the summer.
2) my fuel guage doesn't work. It used to, but just stopped two years ago. The only time it has worked since then was when I filled the tank after a big storm (duh) and the fuel pump got water in it. The guage worked, but the pump didn't. It dried out and started working again, at which point the guage stopped working.
I would love to make a donation, but I have no way of making payments online, I'm sorry.
Thanks for your help-- Beatrice
Thursday, July 5th, 2007 AT 1:51 PM