HI. I THINK I NEED A NEW FUEL PUMP? WHICH KIND DO YOU THINK?

• dreamit
  • Volvo 240

Hi ! I have a 1990 volvo 240 kastner 2.0 litre estate. Done 175000 miles and has been very well looked after. I would really appreciate to know if you think it has en electric or manual fuel pump and also if you think this is the problem.

The car, usually starts on the sceond try (not 1st) and then there is a whining noise coming from somewhere around the rear left of the car, this is for the whole time while driving.

I intend to buy the part from a 2ndhand parts dealer, but he said that I need to find out if it's a manual or electric needed. I was actually given this car for free a few days ago and was told that in their opinion, this was the problem. It doesn't seem to affect performance, but the noise is getting louder. Thanks a lot, love Rosie.

p.S. Would this be possible to fix without specialist tools? As it will probably be me doing it.

Thursday, July 5th, 2007 AT 5:40 AM