2001 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT CAR FLOODED

• carl7480
  • 2001 Volkswagen Passat

2001 Volkswagen Passat 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 145000 miles

Hello, yesterday my parking lot a work flooded, and my car was under water for about 20 mins. During this time i tried to start it 4 times and nothing happened. I took the spark plugs out, bottom hose from the intercooler, and got enough water out of the engine so it would start. The car is running horrible and the clutch is shaking when you touch it. There is still water in the engine, and trasmission. My question is will there be any permanate damage to the car. I changed the oil already and the car is sitting parked. Once again it will start, and drive except it is running like crap, and the transmission is not running correct because when you go to press the clutch in the the vibrations are so bad in knocks your foot off. If so what should I do, or what would a mechanic do to fix, and is it worth fixing.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/553242_passat_1.jpg

Thank you.

Thursday, July 22nd, 2010 AT 12:00 PM