VW JETTA

2001 Volkswagen

p.diddy

April, 19, 2007 AT 2:13 PM

Check engine light is on in my vw jetta 2001 2.0 eingine size and around 122,000 mileage. She had never had a check engine light on before. What do u think this implies do I have to take it to the the dealer or do u think I could tackle it by my self?

HondaCiVic94

April, 26, 2007 AT 1:03 AM

Sorry to say with out knowing the fault which turned the light on it would be almost impossible to find the problem. If im not mistaken I think you could go to autozone and I believe they can scan your fault system and tell you what the fault is and then you might be able to get better help on here. If you cant do that try check any small hoses in engine compartment for breaks or ripping. Make sure air filter housing is clean. Make sure the throttle body is clean. And also check your mass air flow sensor for production date. Your sensor is right off your air filter housing with a connector on it right on the neck of the sensor where the plug is there is a number there. (Example: 19/00) wich stands for the 19th week of 2000. Your car is a 2001 so if it reads?/00 or?/01 your sensor might be defective. And if you do any of these repairs your self you can completly disconnect the battery after repairs and touch your positive and negitive battery cables ONLY CABLES to each other for 20 sec. And the light should reset. Good luck and hopefully you get something out of this.