1997 Volkswagen Jetta FUSE BOX

PINTONINA
  • 1997 VOLKSWAGEN JETTA
1997 Volkswagen Jetta 4 cyl Manual

I HAVE JUST GOTTEN MY IGNITION SWITCH REPLACED. RIGHT AFTER I GOT MY CAR FROM THE SHOP, MY WINDOW GO DOWN BY ITSELF, MY RADIO STAYS ON, HAVE TO HOLD POWER DOWN TO TURN OFF, MY DOOR DINGER STAYS ON EVEN WHEN I PULL THE KEY. I HAD SMOKE COMING FROM THE STEERING WHEEL AND FROM MY FUSE BOX, NOW I HAVE BURNT WIRES FROM FUSE BOX. WOULD IT BE FROM THE NEW IGNITION SWITCH? SINCE I GOT IT BACK I HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS, FUSES BURNING OUT, AND NOW BURNING WIRES.
Monday, September 15th, 2008 AT 1:39 AM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

What was the original cause for the switch to be replaced? I feel that you should see the workshop that replaced the switch and demand an explanation as to what is going on, regardless of what they say you're facing a hefty repair bill as the smoke you report is sign's of a burnt loom. The installer may have crimped a loom causing a short.

Monday, September 15th, 2008 AT 4:26 AM