1992 VOLKSWAGEN CABRIO NO FUEL PRESSURE

• shagnasty80
  • 1992 Volkswagen Cabriolet

1992 Volkswagen Cabrio 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 96000 miles

I have a 92 VW Cabriolet. I am not getting any fuel pressure up to the engine. I checked for power and ground back at the fuel pump. I have a good ground I just dont have any power. I checked all fuses and all fuses are good. I checked all powers at the fuel pump relay and I have all but one. On the side of the realy where it energizes it. I have power on one side but on the other side where the wire goes from the fuel pump relay to the computer, I am not getting any signal off of that wore. I ohmed out the wire from the relay to the computer and the wire checked out good. I replaced the computer and nothing changed. I did find that if you ground that leg of relay that then the fuel pump will run but vehicle still will not start. Any Ideas? I am stumped on this one. Maybe something tells the computer to energize the relay I just cant find what. Thanks in advance for anyones help.

Saturday, January 2nd, 2010 AT 11:33 AM