BREAKING DOWN

2003 Vauxhall Zafira

welshtony

2003 Vauxhall Zafira 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 97OOO miles

during the recent bad snow my car has giving me problems on 2 occasions when trying to get home. The problem being the air intake which points directly forward just to the right of the vauxhall badge in the grill sucking in snow which is building up in the filter box which in turn is thawing and impregnating the element, what seems to be happening is the water is then passing through the element and being inducted. Which is causing the engine to missfire, wont tick over, lack of power and will not respond to the throttle. Once the element is removed and dried and the box dried out the car drives as normal. Is there any mod that can be done to the air intake and as anyone else had the same problem. The car has never given me a problem either before or after these 2 occasions and only when ive been driving home in heavy snow

Dave H

January, 17, 2010 AT 3:16 AM

Have a cover fitted to the grill in extreme weather conditions to keep air intake clear. The engine will still get the air it needs !

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen