OIL LEVEL LIGHT

Vauxhall

jimmcvey

April, 20, 2007 AT 1:32 AM

Hi I drive a Vauxhall Mariva 1.6
I have for a few months now had a engine oil level light which is amber in colour alluminate after a few miles of driving.
I have checked the oil level via dip stick all is ok.
I took it to my vauxhall dealership in Spalding Lincolnshire five times now and they have changed the oil they have changed the oil pressure switch each time costing a repair fee.
On the third occation they didnt find any fault yet after leaving the garrage the light came back on again.
i FEEL THAT THESE REPAIRS THEY HAVE DONE ARE UNNECCESSARY.
My car has been rebooked for a sixth time on monday next could you please give me any idea what the problem could be as I feel I am being messed around by this fault.
PLEASE NOTE it is not the red oil light its a amber light with a squiggly line under it.

Kind Reagrds
Jim McVey

Jack42

April, 20, 2007 AT 7:58 AM

Not real familiar with your car, but usually the oil pressure switch/sender is different than the low oil level sensor. Be sure they are replacing the correct sesnder

Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty