OIL LEVEL LIGHT

• jimmcvey
  • Vauxhall

Hi I drive a Vauxhall Mariva 1.6
I have for a few months now had a engine oil level light which is amber in colour alluminate after a few miles of driving.
I have checked the oil level via dip stick all is ok.
I took it to my vauxhall dealership in Spalding Lincolnshire five times now and they have changed the oil they have changed the oil pressure switch each time costing a repair fee.
On the third occation they didnt find any fault yet after leaving the garrage the light came back on again.
i FEEL THAT THESE REPAIRS THEY HAVE DONE ARE UNNECCESSARY.
My car has been rebooked for a sixth time on monday next could you please give me any idea what the problem could be as I feel I am being messed around by this fault.
PLEASE NOTE it is not the red oil light its a amber light with a squiggly line under it.

Kind Reagrds
Jim McVey

Friday, April 20th, 2007 AT 1:32 AM

• Jack42

Not real familiar with your car, but usually the oil pressure switch/sender is different than the low oil level sensor. Be sure they are replacing the correct sesnder

Friday, April 20th, 2007 AT 7:58 AM