1998 Vauxhall Corsa Manual 70000 miles
Car – S-reg Vauxhall Corsa 1L 12v Envoy
Problem – Intermittent power loss. Power completely dies for a few seconds then suddenly boosts back into action!
• After around 40-50 minutes of driving, the car starts to have intermittent power losses for 2-3 seconds at a time then bursting back into life.
• The problem is a lot worse when the petrol is low (10l or less), it seems to kick in a lot quicker, usually after 10 minutes of driving.
• When the problem does start, if I continue to drive for another 20 minutes, it worsens to the point where when the clutch is in the engine sometimes completely cuts out.
• This will sound weird but I promise it’s the case, once the power losses kick in they tend to happen on left turns.
• The problem initially started when I let the oil run below minimum but not empty.
On some advice I've unplugged the maf to see if thats at fault, runs a lot better and smoother but power still goes on left turns when petrol is very low (5l or less).
have the same problem?
Monday, November 30th, 2009 AT 7:43 AM