2001 Vauxhall Astra misfire on pot 4

CHEECH221
  • 2001 VAUXHALL ASTRA
2001 Vauxhall Astra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

hi im having a problem with my astra, last week engine management light came on and started flashing so I took it to the garage they put a new set of vauxhall spark plugs in and now the fault has came back could anyone advise me on how to sort this problem as its been happening for a month or so and costing me a fortune with the diagnostic checks any advice would be appreciated, the light flashes when I put my foot down as soon as I take my foot of the gas it stops flashing. Also ive replaced the coil pack too. Regards john
Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 AT 2:09 AM

DAVE H
Replace the ignition wires. Swap number 4 injector with number 1, 2 or 3 injector. See if the misfire codes changes to that pot?
Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 AT 3:16 AM
CHEECH221
Thanks for the reply dave I changed the fuel filter and its fine for now checked all the plugs and they all dry so hopefully the problem is resolved il keep you posted as to what happens regards john
Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 AT 12:56 PM
DAVE H
Thanks for the update .. keep us posted !

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_1133.png

Saturday, April 24th, 2010 AT 2:59 AM
CHEECH221
Hi dave ive been informed by the garage that the misfire aint a misfire its the knock sensor pinking, could you tell me if it can be replaced without taking the timing belt off?
Monday, April 26th, 2010 AT 11:44 AM
DAVE H
It is unusual for a knock sensor to go bad. Generally the knock sensor will pick up on a "knock" a harsh detonation. This is what it is deigned to do. If you get a knock sensor code. Then generally it is doing it's job? It's picking up on a knock which is caused by something else? (Engine running hot/rich or lean fuel detonation etc.) Could you please supply the fault codes the car is giving.
Tuesday, April 27th, 2010 AT 2:28 AM
CHEECH221
Hi dave its not showing any codes but they said its the knock sensor I can feel it thru the accelerator sounds like a misfire, this is really getting on my nerves now had new coil pack new plugs and the garage still cant sort it out the temp on the car runs at 88 when warmed up doesnt go over 90 and seems to be running a bit rich too maybe I should get it to a different garage as they dnt seem to know whats wrong but I also know if its pinking can damage the engine and im all out of cash now, frustrated aint the word thanks for yor help in advance. Regards john
Wednesday, April 28th, 2010 AT 10:16 AM
DAVE H
Hey.

I do not think you have a problem with the knock sensor .. did you try to swap number 4 injector with number 1, 2 or 3 injector .. see if the misfire codes changes to that pot ? .. try this and let me know ..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_1141.png

Friday, April 30th, 2010 AT 3:24 AM