Turn signals not working

TELEPLAYER
  • 1992 HONDA ACCORD
Recently I got into the car to go to the store. The turn signal lever would not move left or right. After moving the column up/down a few times the lever is now working again. The signals don't work at all but the 4-ways work and all bulbs flash. I tried a different 4-way switch but no change. The car was recently re-undercoated at Z-Bart. Could that be the reason? Thanks for the help

Bill F
Thursday, January 10th, 2019 AT 11:51 AM

STEVE W.
Welcome to 2CarPros.

More than likely it is an issue in the multi-function switch itself. It not wanting to move until you moved the column around some suggests a piece failed and the motion dislodged it, quite possibly part of the cancelling cam.
Not a hard item to change. You disconnect the battery, remove the plastic covers on the steering column, disconnect the electrical connector and remove the screws that secure the switch. Slide it out and reverse the process to install the new one.
Friday, January 11th, 2019 AT 7:27 PM