Turn signals flash rapidly when lights on

KINGSA1
  • 1999 CHEVROLET MALIBU
Okay first of all I have googled this problem all over the net and it seems no one has this problem, my turn signals work okay when it's daylight and only the automatic lights are on (headlights are not physically turned on by the colum switch but when it starts to get dark and I turn a signal on (left and right) the turn signal blinks rapidly and both signals flash this also happens (day or night) when I turn on the headlights with the switch, now I have replaced ALL the bulbs replaced the hazard switch checked and rechecked ALL the relays and fuses been through a Haynes repair manual (specifically for my car) oh and this only happens to the front flashers not the rear ones and don't know if this is related or not but horn doesn't work and cruise control will turn on but not engage, check engine light is on and sometimes service vehicle soon light comes on so how about it? Any thoughts as to the problem?
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 AT 5:06 AM

When the lights are on, only the front lights flash quickly? No rear lights? To be honest, other than the check engine light, all the problems seem to be tied together at the multi-function switch. Have you removed and checked that?
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 AT 5:24 AM
WRENCHTECH
The "Service Vehicle soon" light is an issue that the Body Control Module has sensed and that could have something to do with the lights so you need to have the body codes read first.
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 AT 5:55 AM
KINGSA1
No not yet actually that was my next thing I was going to try
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 AT 6:11 AM
KINGSA1
I should have mentioned that the rear blinkers act normally except for the rapid flashing
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 AT 6:13 AM
KINGSA1
I will try both answers you gave me and report back as to the results
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 AT 6:22 AM
KINGSA1
Well I blew $110.00 bucks on a new multi switch it made no difference so that was a waste of money still does the same thing but only when I actually turn the lights on or when the lights from auto come on full at dark or when it's really dismal out so any other suggestions? Rechecked ALL the bulbs they are good
Saturday, May 3rd, 2014 AT 1:25 PM
KINGSA1
Oh and it seems when right blinker is on and this happens the rear lights both do flash, but the left flashes rapidly but only the left
Saturday, May 3rd, 2014 AT 1:31 PM
KINGSA1
You're contact page is a JOKE tried to send this message ten fuckin times and kept saying message contains illegal characters

( hey I did the donation thing and you said unless I was satisfied I'd get my money back well they gave me an answer the wrong answer and I replied twice to get the right one and all of a sudden I'm being ignored WHAT you want more money every time even if it's the same problem what kind of thing is that)

got my money now screw me right should have guessed
Tuesday, May 6th, 2014 AT 2:11 PM