Truck will not stay running

CHAS662
  • 1994 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
  • RWD
C-1500 after engine warms up starts to run rough and shuts off at low rpm. Get code 54 and have tried all the easy possible fixes.
Saturday, May 6th, 2017 AT 7:46 PM

See picture. Fuel pump circuit check the fusible link in picture at battery should be twelve volts both sides. Then check ground for pump may be corroded. Should be 9-11 PSI. Also, check gasket at base of TBI they like to blow out use choke cleaner to check. Can be a bad relay, oil pressure switch low oil pressure etc.
+1
Sunday, May 7th, 2017 AT 8:24 AM
CHAS662
Thanks for the reply.
Monday, May 8th, 2017 AT 1:54 PM
CHAS662
Sorry didn't back to sooner. This started out with me changing map, plugs and wires, dis cap, rotary button. Sense then I have changed egr, fpr and fuse, oil pressure sending unit, iac, tps. At that point it stopped firing so I changed coil pack and still no fire. I don't have a meter and get confused when I try to read one so I'm out of luck there. As you can tell at I only qualify as a shade tree. I do appreciate the help and still at a stand still.
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 AT 6:32 AM
You'll have to check resistance of pickup coil 400-1000 ohm and take ignition module in dist to auto parts they can check it
+1
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 AT 6:56 AM
CHAS662
Put on a new ignition module. Thanks again for the help. It starts now but it runs rough and sometimes back fires. Test drive and it run so bad it would hardly go. I get code 22 for the tps but I had put a new one on already. I just took it off and used the old round bushing and put new one on. Did I need to do something else?
Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 AT 6:22 AM
Did you check vacuum hoses for soft and broken/cracked and for a blown gasket under tbi unit like I said in first reply
+1
Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 AT 6:32 AM
CHAS662
I do not find any bad vacuum hoses or leeks gasket seems to be ok also.
Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 AT 7:21 AM
Check your firing order you may have things mixed up there.
+1
Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 AT 12:09 PM
CHAS662
With your help and expert advice we have old truck going down the road smooth. Makes me fell good. Thank You very much. Hope my small donation helps.
Thursday, May 11th, 2017 AT 10:36 AM
KEN
Thanks for the donation! It helps to keep the site going!

Cheers! Ken
+1
Saturday, May 13th, 2017 AT 5:34 PM