TRUCK STALLS RANDOMLY AND HAS NO SPARK.

1992 Chevrolet Silverado

Tanalin85

April, 19, 2013 AT 3:53 PM

While driving one day my truck stalled out and had to be towed home. I first replaced the fuel pump and filter and it would start but soon after starting the engine stalls out. I recently replaced the spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I also just replaced the tps and map sensors. The engine runs for various lengths of time before shutting off sometimes its 30 seconds other times its 10-15 minutes. I had the ignition module checked and was told it was fine. What should I check next? I was suggested buying a whole new distributor but since they are a little spendy I want to make sure that's the problem before buying one.

April, 19, 2013 AT 3:59 PM

What is the exact fuel pressure especially when it stalls?

Tanalin85

April, 19, 2013 AT 4:16 PM

I do not have a pressure guage but I did the finger test and while it is running gas squirts and when the engine is trying to turn over after it has stalled it still sprays out just as much gas as when it is running

Ignition System Test Guide
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet