TR4 PROBLEM

1963 Triumph

tr4vette

April, 1, 2010 AT 8:59 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1963 Other Triumph Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 97000 miles

When the engine sits " hot" and then I restart, it is hard to start (not a big deal) but then almost EVERYTIME the engine seems to lose 2 cylinders and I can barely keep it running. I am guessing vapor lock, but this is a new problem and has never occurred in the 20+ years I have had the car. It has been running a a little hotter than normal, but not to point of going out of normal running temp range per gauge. When this happens (the two cylinder thing), to get it back on all " 4" I keep revving the engine and eventually it breaks free so to speak and I am good to go - at least till I park again and it can start all over. Could this be something other than the vapor lock? It has to be related to a hot engine somehow. I am afraid that goosing it on 2 cylinders will cause damage, so need to fix this! BTW, I have two Stromberg Carbs and suspect one carb is percolating, knocking out 2 cylinders.

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right