Transmission slipping

VSTROUSE77
  • 2000 FORD EXPEDITION
  • AWD
My SUV will only go up to forty mph then it slips like I have got it in neutral. It did this once before but then just went away. Now it is back again. My husband thinks it is the transmission itself. I do not. I put two 24 fl oz bottles of Lucas transmission slip oil fix in transmission and still have this problem. My service engine light is on but there is no codes when I hookup the code reader. I want to say it is either my battery terminals are bad. Or it is a solenoid. My husband thinks I am crazy and lost my mind. Please I need to go on something here. I cannot afford the shops so I do a lot of it myself.
Thursday, April 20th, 2017 AT 8:29 AM

From your description as well as miles on vehicle I would say it is a transmission. What has happened is the clutch paks are worn or the seals are bad. I would bet that the transmission fluid is either dark brown or black which is not a good sign at all. I have never seen the additives rarely work to fix things and normally it is too late for that anyhow.
Thursday, April 20th, 2017 AT 10:44 AM