Car will not Move in drive

CHYVONNE PICKETT
  • 2002 MERCURY SABLE

As I am driving, the miles went from seventy down to forty, just going slower. Pull over the car to stop and shut the car off, starting it back up, I put in drive pressing on the gas but the car would not move. Reverse no movement. What does that mean? How much will that cost me?

Sunday, July 16th, 2017 AT 8:59 PM

MHPAUTOS

This does sound like a transmission problem, first thing to do is get the oil checked for level and condition. Have you seen any leaks under the car? The problem is you cannot quote a job like this with out first removing and stripping the transmission assembly they are very complex and they have many parts that can fail. Best option is to see if you can get a price from a local mechanic to do a visual inspection and code check and maybe a price to install a reconditioned transmission if it has failed. Often with the pan off there will be evidence of clutch failure in the filter and the bottom of the pan, start here.

Monday, July 17th, 2017 AT 3:14 AM