Could the rear main seal leaking could result in the car slipping or hesitating

MUSICGENIUS83
  • 2008 CHEVROLET IMPALA
Hello, I've been having a problem with what seems like my transmission for the last 2 and 1/2 years, a couple years ago my engine started hesitating upon takeoff from stop lights, I will put my foot into it and it will rev but go nowhere and then the car would jerk itself in the rear, I had changed the spark plugs and look for air leaks and all the typical things to check for it never got any worse but it continuously did it every other day. I had taken my car in after about six to eight months of this for 3 oil leaks they were all fixed and repaired and for about 3 weeks the car stop hesitating and I had no problem shifting.A few months after the repairs the car started leaking again and it was about a year before I could get it even diagnosed due to financial issues we recently had it diagnosed for a rear main seal leak and we were told it would cost $1,100 to fix it due to having to remove the transmission. I was wanting to know if the rear main seal leaking could result in the car slipping or hesitating? Because now it has gone from slipping and hesitating and has a new problem; when I take off at low speeds from a light the whole front end shakes almost like somebody's trying to hold the brakes. I was thinking it may be the CV axle or something inside the transmission but I've never heard of anything doing something for over 2 years and never breaking are never creating another problem the shaking has been going on for at least 6 months. B I have troubleshooted every other option so I'm not sure whether I should tell the mechanic to look inside the transmission when he drops it to see what's causing it or if the leak is even worth fixing. If this is a typical problem with the transmission going out. I just don't want to put money into a car to fix a oil leak if there's bigger problems sorry for the long question.
Wednesday, January 15th, 2020 AT 4:13 PM

SCGRANTURISMO

This actually sounds like your vehicle's transmission could need a filter and fluid change. In the diagrams down below I have included the Original Equipment Manufacturer[OEM] part number for the filter for your reference as well as a guide for the removal and installation of the transmission filter and transmission fluid change. I have also included the transmission fluid type and capacities for you as well. Please go through these guides and get back to us with how everything turns out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Thursday, January 16th, 2020 AT 4:35 AM

Sponsored links