'88 WAGON WON'T START!

1988 Toyota Van

philobeddoe2

May, 27, 2010 AT 7:14 PM

1988 Toyota Van 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

I have a 1988 Toyota van wagon. From time to time I turn the key and it will not start and it's happening more and more often. Everything works(radio, clock, ect) but it won't start at times. I can hear the starter click so there's power reaching it but it won't turn over. Starter is less than a year old so I assume it's good. If I turn the key really fast over and over it will EVENTUALLY start but sometimes that takes forever and it's flooded after! I had this problem before and I had a guy replace my negative cable and that worked for a couple months but now it's doing it again. The battery and alternator are new. The ground cable from the battery is new. I have no idea what to look at next. Please help!

P.S. And this could be a total coincidence but there have been several times when I've parked facing downhill and it wouldnt start. Seems to take longer to get it going when in this position, even when turning the key over and over quickly as stated above.

May, 27, 2010 AT 7:46 PM

Check and test the neutral park switch and ignition switch

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang