SYMPTOMS OF BLOWN HEAD GASKET

2003 Toyota Tundra

bigbubbacain

March, 15, 2009 AT 3:06 PM

Engine Cooling problem
2003 Toyota Tundra V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

Yesterday, a mechanic refused to change my oil because he found a " milky" residue on the inside of my crankcase cap. He told me I probably had a leaky/blown head gasket. The problem is, my truck doesn't have any other symptoms. The oil dipstick show oil that is CLEAR, not " milky". The engine doesn't over heat. I'm not losing coolant, Coolant has no film floating on top, nor any odor. The only time I see smoke from the tail pipe is when the engine is cold and I start it for the first time of the day. It burns away quickly, though.

What I do know, is that I went to this mechanic for the $39.95 special that included tire rotate and balance. He told me that his balance machine was broken, but he could still rotate. I told him I'd rather just have the oil change for $19.99. He literally turned up his nose at me, as if I had just offended him. It wasn't five minutes later when he told me about my head gasket, and that it would be a liability issue for him to change my oil. I've never been to this mechanic before, and know nothing of his reputation.

Anyway, the residue on the inside of the cap seems to be my only symptom. Is this " milky" residue reason enough to be concerned?

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang