1995 Toyota Tacoma Fuel Filter/PCV valve

TINKERDALE
  • 1995 TOYOTA TACOMA
1995 Toyota Tacoma Two Wheel Drive Manual 147K miles

I let the air filter get too dirty on my truck and then added new one and injector cleaner. Felt something pop loose and the acceleration felt like a new truck. Will changing the fuel filter help? Can't find anything on Fuel filter in my book? Is this the same as the pcv valve that I replaced bout 2years ago? Where is the Fuel filter located?
Another question. One of my fly wheels made an awful noise, so I took a paintbrush and put heavy grease on them all. Made sure I missed belts ect. Do I need to replace the wheel? Did this bout the same time as the afore mentioned fuel injector treatment.
Thx/ give ya $5 a question!
tinkerdale in Florida
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 6:09 PM

OBXAUTOMEDIC

No the PCV Valve and the Fuel Filter are not the same. The fuel filter I believe on you vehicle is mounted on the inner frame rail under the vehicle in the area of the driver seat. Wouldn't hurt to change if hasn't been change in while.

I take it when you speak of the fly wheel you mean pulleys. The pulley(s) most likely to have been causing the noise is either the Idler Pulley or the Tensioner Pulley. And yes you will need to replace one or both of them. If they are making noise you can with the vehicle off spray the center bolt of one of the pulleys then start the vehicle if noise is gone for short period of time then the pulley is bad. If noise is still present then turn vehicle off and spray center bolt of the other pulley and start vehicle. If noise is gone replace pulley.

Depending on the engine it may only have one of the pulley mentioned above.

.
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 6:34 PM
RUNNER17_1
I just changed my fuel filter on a 95 Toyota pickup if you look on the passenger side in front just right above the oil filter its in a tight place so you have to look really in there if its not there look back by the gas tank on the frame but if its like my truck its right above the oil filter
Saturday, February 14th, 2009 AT 5:37 PM
DANNY77762
The fuel filter is located up under the intake manifold, if you have big hands I wouldnt attempt to change it. You need 2 hands to work with it. Good luck
+1
Saturday, March 14th, 2009 AT 8:10 AM