I incorrectly jumpstarted my fiances car (RAV4 '02) by connecting the cables wrong. The sign on the battery cover had the positive and the negative on opposite sides of what the battery had. I should have double checked. This caused a cross polarity situation and melted a part of my positive battery post, hers was fine. Her windshield wiper came on although the key was not in the ignition. I disconnected the cables. And then connected them properly. Her car started up, but did'nt hold the charge. Bigger problem is now her wipers don't work the radio wont come on and I can't put the car in Neutral with the key in the ignition. Its an automatic. When I try to press on the break to swtich gears the break wont press down. The lights still work in the car inside and out and the hazards still work. Does this sound like a wiring problem or a fuse problem?
Tuesday, June 12th, 2007 AT 7:34 AM